Here are a three tips to fire up your internal purifying flame with the power of Ujjayi breath!
- Seal your lips and start to breath in and out of your nose.
- Lengthen your inhales and exhales.
- Lightly constrict the muscles in the back of your throat as you slowly inhale & exhale.
How do you know if you are breathing Ujjai?
- You hear your breath moving in and out of your body.
- You have the ability to slow down or speed up your breath at any given time.
- You are moving your body linked with your breath.
- Your body heats up from the inside out.
Learning Ujjayi breath takes time. The more consistently that you roll your mat out the more efficient your breath will become!
REALLY LEARN YOGA… Check out Spotted Dog’s 200 hour Empowerment Program starting on October 21st. All you need is an open mind and the desire to powerfully learn this practice. All levels are welcome!