Many of us set aside our healthy habits during the holiday season because we “don’t have time” or we justify our choices with grand visions of New Years resolutions that will get us “back on track.” Time for a reality check! Your commitment to your health should be non-negotiable…period. No matter how busy you are, it is your responsibility to make time for yourself. And, let’s be real, New Years resolutions often fall by the wayside by January 30th.
Here are 6 simple tips to help YOU stay healthy this holiday season…
- PLAN your exercise and put it on the calendar! If you can commit to an ugly Christmas sweater party, you should be able to commit to a yoga class.
- CHOOSE events and parties to attend! Don’t over commit yourself and try to show up at every party you are invited to. Spend time with those most dear to you!
- BRAG about it! Did you make it to a 5:45am workout because it was the only time you could go? Take a sweaty selfie to post on Facebook or Instagram and share with your friends. Not only will you feel good about yourself, you may inspire someone else to join you for the next one!
- CHILL out! In between the shopping, entertaining, and holiday events that will fill your calendar…rest up when you can. Read a book, take a bath, or meditate to keep your stress levels to a minimum.
- USE your friends and family! Rather than catching up with your favorite person over a cup of coffee and pastries, take a walk and enjoy the beauty of Folsom while burning off some extra calories.
- BE intentional and hydrate! There is nothing wrong with enjoying some of Santa’s spiked eggnog but it is super important to drink plenty of water along with it.
Have a safe, healthy, and joyful holiday season…your mind and body will thank you!
P.S. There is no better way to start your new year off than to commit to Spotted Dog Yoga’s 40 Days Program starting January 5th. Learn more here!
Spotted Dog Yoga